Our Father is a good Father. He goes before us, He provides for us, He knows our every
need before we even know that we need.
Here are just some of the evidences of His goodness this past week as I
returned to Harbin:
- Coming home to a familiar place. My friend Jodi’s old apartment where we came to see her all of last year is now my home!
- Not only coming home to a familiar place, but a familiar place that was stocked with basically everything I needed, which meant less money and time spent getting settled in! (Thanks Jodi!)
- Having our wonderful team leaders, the Schmidts, as my next-door neighbors on one side, and my awesome teammate Kelley on the other!
- Spending the day with my old Chinese tutor from HEC who came to visit me on Saturday!
- 5. Meeting our new families, the Wylies and the Fergusons (plus their ADORABLE kids) on Saturday and enjoying several team dinners together since their arrival. Nothing better than living out Acts 2:42, is there?
- Getting to serve my new teammates by babysitting the precious kiddos mentioned above, as well as joining in with their play times (I’ve “eaten” several imaginary sandwiches and declared many an empty cup as the most tasty “smoothie” I’ve ever had in the past couple of days.)
- Having an awesome City Team gathering on Tuesday and getting to share vision and lift up this city as a community.
- Beginning our team building Wednesday morning and getting more and more excited about the group of people that the Father has knit together for our team this year.
- Our friendly FAO (foreign affairs officer) helping us take care of everything we need… from visa stuff to bank cards to housing questions to getting us FREE Chinese classes offered by the university!
- Finding out our schedules today… and seeing that I’ll be teaching Writing to Juniors, as well as some Spoken English classes this semester!
He has been opening my eyes to the little mercies He constantly
showers down all around us. May we
never grow tired of giving thanks—instead, may our lives be characterized by
perpetual thanksgiving and trust, for:
“The Father is my shepherd, I
shall not be in want.
He
makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
He leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will
follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Father
forever.”
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Father
forever.”
| A view from our apartments. |
| We had to stop on the way to dinner one night so that the kids could peek in on a karate class. |
| Olivia saying "hi" to a little Chinese girl, which sent her into a fit of giggles. |
![]() |
| Windows rolled down in a taxi=crazy hair. |
| The beautiful sunset on Wednesday night. Check out the Ferris wheel from the Harbin Amusement Park! |
| Just a little glimpse of what playtime looks like for Team HEU. |
| Ni hao from 哈工程大学! (Harbin Engineering University) |


1 comments:
beautiful blog post!!!! so stinkin' happy/excited (and slightly jealous) for y'all!!!!!!! cant' wait to read/hear/see more! oooo u get my sophomores from last year! we should talk more soon about that :)
Post a Comment