Then, there's the detail that went into making each one of these warriors... down to wrinkles in the clothing, strands of hair, and even fingernails.
The creators of these statues put so much work and detail into them. It reminds me of David's psalm to his Creator and the promise that we can rest in today--that He knows us so much more intimately and precisely than even these artists knew their masterpieces:
"For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb,
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be."
You knit me together in my mother's womb,
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be."
May we rest in this Truth and in the knowledge that this Creator is also the Author of our own stories... and He loves a good story, too.

0 comments:
Post a Comment